Tuesday, August 16, 2011

36 weeks into this adventure of a pregnancy. Baby Broc is still busy juking and jiving on the inside, oblivious to the hot, bright world waiting to surprise him soon enough. Last week I over did it and spent all week trying to keep the contractions at bay. In Texas, it is illegal to homebirth before 37 weeks, so I have the rest of this week to play it safe, and then next Monday, it is game on.

People keep asking me what to expect, and I have no idea. I've had two babies go to 41+ weeks and I've had one at 38 weeks. I've had 2 labors from 48-72 hours and one that was about 12. I've had 2 c sections and 1 VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean, for you none birthy world people lol). I've had 2 girls and one boy. I've had 2 7 pounders and one 9 plus. Seriously, I have NO IDEA what to expect. Keeps us on our toes, I suppose. I will say that none of my three live births were near as painful as my miscarriage at 14 weeks, and yes, I've had one non medicated birth, so I do have comparison.

What I do know:
1. God knows. He has this and all of my births perfectly laid out for his glory and my good.
2. Spud, Sprout and Pod are ecstatic to soon meet Baby Broc. They tell me all the time.
3.We didn't move this pregnancy and that made it a much easier pregnancy.
4. Pregnancy is harder at 36 than it was at 29.
5. Both of my friends that I've been pregnant with for the last 5 pregnancies have now delivered their babies and now it is my turn.
6. It's going to be fun!

In non pregnant news....
Robert and I hit our homeschool conference a few weeks ago. I'll enjoy doing that not pregnant next year, lol. It was encouraging, as always. We got our Math U See ordered for Joshua and Leah. They are both DIEING to get started. I've held them off so far. I've decided to go with Veritas Press for most of Joshua's other subjects this year. Second grade history, grammar and bible and third grade literature. We will be studying creation to Egyptians. Going to be so fun. Leah is going to do Math U See and Explode the Code, maybe My Father's World, if I have the energy, Hannah will join in for those lessons as well. Going to keep me on my toes with a new baby. I'm not planning on starting school until late October at the earliest though. I had to bump Joshua's literature up because he's already read all of the literature in the second grade curriculum. This boy is still a reading machine. I love watching him fall in love with literature that I loved growing up too. He LOVED Old Yeller, but did not like Where The Red Fern Grows...said it was too sad.

Hannah is coming into her own. She has no baby left. She is potty trained, and quite happy to tell everyone she sees that she is wearing big girl panties, lol. I love when the non kid people just look at her in disbelief with no clue how to answer.....I don't help them out. lol. Hannah is ready for Baby Broc, or so she says. We'll see how that goes once he/she has encroached on her territory. We've never had jealousy issues with a new baby before, but there is always a first. Hannah has a different personality than her brother and sister, so we'll see what this brings forth.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I cannot believe he didn't like Where the Red Fern Grows. Its on my best book ever list. I was afraid my kids would say it was too sad too. So they haven't read it yet.