Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm 31 weeks into the voyage of this pregnancy. Baby Broc (short for Broccoli, remember, we all have vegetable nicknames) seems to be doing well. His/her (remember, we don't find out what we are having, other than a healthy baby) kicks are getting much stronger and when he's rolling around it is quite uncomfortable. I feel like I'm having to slow down earlier this time than I have before, which is kind of frustrating. I'm not a do it all at a frantic pace kind of girl, but I also don't like kicking back and watching the world go by. I do have some major responsibilities that do kind of need attention ie three other small children and an awesome Godly husband.

Several Moms have reassured me saying that things just get a little harder with each pregnancy, but I don't know. I really think I just need to get my big girl panties on and get this shipped better organised so I don't feel behind when I am relaxing. I don't know exactly when I've slowed this dribble down, I don't feel like I've completely dropped the ball. Things have just slowly gotten more lax around here. Meal planning, schooling, housekeeping. I think some of it is because most of my friends are off school for summer breaks right now. We really have to keep going because we will have a big break in the fall once Broc gets here.

On a brighter note though, we are eatin sooooo well right now. I just LOVE when I am feeding my family healthy meals day after day. Seriously, I sit down at dinner and just feel a warm, gushy feeling because I know what we are putting in our bodies, God's temples, is pleasing and nourishing. Makes me soooo happy. We are getting a modest crop out of our garden and our veggie CSA are keeping me on my toes with creative and yummy ways to prepare a bountiful load of veggies. I just love summer for this reason.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Yea for you Christi! I'm so impressed about the healthy meals. We are trying to do that too. I feel like I'm 'tube feeding' Tim. He's been sluggish for several years and no amount of nagging has changed that. So now, he's getting 'smoothies' with a lot of carrots and kale hiding inside. LoL!

Hang in there. I'm sure you are doing fine. Getting anything done with toddlers and that pregnant is impressive to me!

xo
Donna

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. Congratulations on the pregnancy. :-) Don't worry about not doing enough. You already have three little ones which must take a lot of energy. Rest now as much as you can. You remember how much work a newborn is right? Take good care.