Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oink Oink

Well, some kind of flu has entered out house. I'm not guessing whether it is of the porcine variety or not, but it is here either way. I think Hannah has had it a day or two. She's had very very swollen lymph nodes and been really cranky and clingy, but really, how much can you get from a baby about their symptoms. I've felt really ick the last two days with a headache and general run down feeling, but I'm a Mom that is woken up every 45 minutes to 2 hours all night every night....so I assumed that was my issue. But then last night, Joshua says he feels funny. I assumed he was just tired from not taking his nap that afternoon. Then within 15 minutes, he spikes a high fever. So, I'm pretty sure we have a flu of some sort. Robert ran to Walmart and got 4 boxes of Ossillococcinum (OSC) for us. Thankfully they weren't sold out. I've heard of multiple schools being closed in our area this and last week for swine flu, so I was worried. Thankfully for us, most people run to their ped and not for natural remedies...silly people. Anyway, keep us in your prayers. I'm staying on top of everybody with oils and remedies now so hopefully it will be short lived and mild.

5 comments:

Kacie said...

The kids were sick here last week. High fever and head ache for about a day. Then they started feeling better. I believe they are now operating at about 100%. Brian and I have had colds, but no fever, etc.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Which schools closed?

Unknown said...

That is Joshua's exact symptoms. I hope it is short lived.

I can remember Garfield, can't remember the names of others. It's hard not being from here, I don't know the school system. The librarian looked at me like I was crazy when I couldn't tell her if the schools for our house are Medina city or not.

Kacie said...

Hi again, we missed you at awana! I hope everyone feels better soon. If your kiddos have the same thing ours did, it was pretty short lived- only about a day for the fever. A couple of days for the headache.

nicole (nicmowat) said...

ugh! was just logging on to see how the kidds were..our first family that i know of that got it were the baumans...but only nathan had it, and they were all exposed. she said she pushed inner-defense as soon as she knew they were exposed. thank God for the herbs and plants and provision He put on earth for us!

Karen Deborah said...

oh no so sorry, make home made chicken soup quick while you can....