Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So, we got up early Friday morning and headed for Austin to pick up Robert. We made with just two stops this time, instead of the 5 it took to get there. Robert didn't recognize me at the airport from afar. He thought he saw Joshua but then looked at me and thought it couldn't be Joshua because I was different, lol. We were all so happy to be back together! We headed into Austin to grab some FREEBIRDS for lunch!!! YUM! I wish we had the money to franchise a Freebirds up here. Everyone up here loves Chipotle, but we know that it is just because they've never had a good burrito!

After lunch, we headed east to Fulshear, actually Simonton but really who has ever heard of Simonton! We got to Jake and Rachelle's just in time, Joshua was hollering about poopies again and Rachelle had just arrived home. Rachelle was/is 9-10 months pregnant and so I helped her get ready for Nikki's lingerie party that night. Robert and the kids went to the Fulshear 4th of July parade and then got some pizza. Then Robert, Ted and the kids headed to Lake Conroe to crash. Hannah and I stayed and partied with the girls to kick off the wedding festivities week for Nikki and Julian. It was really fun. I have to say that is such a blessing to be around these girls that are going into marriage pure and holy for their husbands. Their Daddies have done a wonderful job protecting and keeping them and it is a joy to be apart of the joining of a holy union! Hannah made it almost thru the whole party before she finally crashed. We rode home with Grandmommy, and Melanie Golden. It was a fun ride!

Saturday started our hurry thru some friends visits before we joined back up with the wedding headquarters in Fulshear. We had lunch with our friends the Velardes and got to spend some time with them...and start plotting Sarah's next visit to see us. I think she's decided she can't wait until we have another baby, lol. THen we headed over and spent the afternoon at the Woody's. Peggy and I even got some Walmart shopping in, lol. I love me some Southern Walmarts! The Stevens and Brenons came and joined us for dinner and the guys got some harumphing done at the horseshoe pit! After dinner we headed back to Willis to watch the fireworks over the lake from the Seago's and then got the kids to bed while we sat up and visited with Ted and Johnnie.

Sunday was church. It was sooooo nice to be back at Grace! Man, we love those people. Hannah was really tired and fussy (can't imagine why) and so I didn't get to hear any of the message but Robert said it was good. We headed home with the Guthrie's!! Poor Tammy had a migraine and was in bed most of the day, although I did crawl in bed and chat with her for a while. Later in the afternoon, I had a headache come on and so I took a nap with Hannah. You know that you have really good friends when you can just fall back into normalcy that quick! We spent all day and had a yummy dinner with them and then headed back to Willis for more time with the Seago's (you can't get too much Seago time!)

Monday we got up early and headed to Clear Lake to visit Papa B and Granny Sue. Uncle Dave had the day off too. It was a great visit. We played for a while and then headed to Mr Gattis for their buffet. We ended up staying and playing games for over three hours! It was really fun and I have lots of pictures. Monday night, John and Brandy made it in and so we all enjoyed some pina coladas, super yummy! Everyone was getting buzzing about wedding festivities and Brandy's new job with Texas Right to Life, now working for John.

Tuesday was go day. We had lunch with the Frye's and got some good Joshua/Alyssa time in, lol. If those two don't get married, I'll be stunned! Then it was back so Robert could help Ted finish teh candle wall the stated building for the wedding the day before. Once we finished up honeydo's there we headed out to do our wedding errands of the day, which included a stop at the Michelsen's to get Anita to help me finish the namecards for the bridal luncheon. We also got the bonus opportunity to expose our kids to chicken pox....hope they got it, nothing yet. We made it to Davisville by the evening and got the game plan for the rest of the week. We checked into our room #3, Key and Brettney's house.

Wednesday was the bridal luncheon for Hannah and I, while Robert and the kids enjoyed the pool with the other Daddy's and kids. After the lunch, all the girls went for mani's and pedis and I left Hannah with Daddy!!! My poor feet were so awful and needed a pedicure BADLY! Winter months in the cold with boots on all the time will kill any cute feet! We had a good time and everyone caught their breath one last time. That evening we all hit the pool and ordered pizza and really had the best night of the whole trip....ok, second best. Family pizza party in the pool, awesomeness!

Thursday was rehearsal dinner night and all the last minute errands and to dos for the wedding. We did squeeze in some early morning pool time too, of course. The rehearsal dinner was at Papasitos, one of my favorite mexican food places, and it was H-O-T!!!!!! But the food was great and the company was even better so it was miserable, just dripping sweat hot.

Friday was go day. Wedding day, finally!!!! This was so exciting to share in with Kikki. We've been praying for her husband for years and finally the day arrived. They were married in a beautiful place called Rockefeller Hall just out of downtown Houston. It is such a fun place!! I got to help shoot wedding pictures. Robert helped with misc things, including ushering and such. It was perfect. No hitches at all. Nikki was gorgeous, Julian was happy.....super happy as they rode off in the limo, acutally! A wonderful night and a beutiful wedding. Of course, this is Ted and Johnnie's 6th wedding to throw, second one this year, so they are pros. They have this down to a science...three more to go!

Saturday we all met in the hotel lobby and headed out to lunch together and then back to Seagoville. Everyone was soo tired after partying all night. We all napped intermitently...except poor Robert. I was trying to get lots of rest to avoid a headache. Well, he was so run down that by that night when we headed over to the Yount's for our last night, he was sick. I quickly got him to bed and then the kids, and the relaxed and visited with Paul and Millicent. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends there!

Sunday was traveling day again. We got up early and I got everyone in the car and drove us back to Austin to fly out. Traveling went really smoothly, and basically our kids rock! We had no melt downs at all, even though we were all EXHAUSTED. Two weeks of vacation will just about do you in.

Even though, I LOVE seeing friends and family in Texas, I vote for our next vacation to be spent lieing on a nice warm beach somewhere quiet!

No comments: