Friday, February 12, 2010

Affirmations

-Today I was wading thru knee deep snow to make a passable path for the kids to get to a hill in our back yard to sled on. I pulled Hannah on her little sled and Joshua carried Leah's sled for her as she worked her little legs in the high thigh deep snow for her. Joshua said "Mommy, it feels like we are walking thru the parted waters in the Red Sea. Just like Moses." That made me so happy.
-Joshua and Leah have morning chores that they are to complete before coming out of their rooms. Lately, Joshua gets up at 8, which is his "I'm allowed to get up now" time. Gets dressed, makes his bed, picks up his room and then, even though he could come on down to see what I'm doing, he has been going and making Leah's bed for her so she can just get dressed and pick her room up. It's so nice to see that sibling love and devotion.
-Earlier this week, the big kids were outside playing in the snow. I looked out to check on them, and they were out front shoveling the driveway for us.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Snow. What fun. And what great kids, shoveling the driveway. Good training, Mom and Dad.

Thanks so much for helping me solve my tangled bobbin mess. I appreciate that you took the time.

I have just posted a scarf refashion where I took an old shirt and turned it into a gorgeous neck scarf. Next week sometime I plan to do another What I'm Wearing post. And then I need to get back to some real sewing soon. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to visit my blog and leave comments.

Have an awesome day!