Monday, December 15, 2008

Well, I made over 120 cookies today. Now I have all of the cookies and fudge, to send to Robert's work with him, all bagged up and ready to go. It is really the perfect set up for me. I love baking to share holiday cheer, but really I'm not the best Santa. I hate being the one handing out gifty things. I also hate being the one receiving them. You never know if it is something you'll like and so there is that awkward moment of wondering if they are going to make you try it right then and there. This was always precarious for me in the office because I'm not a big sweets person. Thankfully, I worked in a really male dominated field and, so most of them could careless if I liked it or not; after all, they put no effort into them. So tomorrow, Robert can go around being cheerful little elf, which actually likes doing and I'm just going to be at home in my pj's feeling accomplished for getting it all baked and out the door!

By the way, the cookies I made are white chocolate chip and cranberry and they are really worth killing for when they are fresh out of the oven. Hey, I don't like sweets and I think so, so they are worth making. Next time, I'll add pecans and perfect them!

White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies
1/2c butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2c white sugar
1 egg
1 T vanilla or Brandy
1 1/2c all purpose flour
1/2t baking soda
3/4c white chocolate chips
1c dried cranberries
next time I'll also add 1/2c chopped pecans

Cream the butter and sugars together. Then, add your egg and vanilla. Finally your dry ingredients. Fold in the chips and berries. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Do not over bake.

Tomorrow I need to get this house cleaned, oh and probably finishing the laundry from last week would be a great idea......Hey, I can do it ALL, I've just never claimed to be able to do it all at once.

No comments: