Monday, November 17, 2008

For Angela, here is the chicken and dumplings recipe I worked with.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

But, I added diced carrots, celery and mushrooms with the chicken. I also used one can cream of chicken and mushrooms and two cans cream of mushroom. I used salt and lemon pepper and a little garlic powder to season. You don't need much salt though with all of the soup. THen, I covered it all in chicken broth. I added the biscuits about two hours before eating, but I did four cans and that was too much to get cooked. I'd think three cans would be perfect. I quartered the biscuits and I always use the cheapy cheap biscuits for dumplings. Awesome flavor!!! You'll need to stir once or twice after adding the biscuits to make sure they are all cooking.
******************************************
And for my information.
I've been making an awesome no sugar apple cobbler this fall. I use two cups Pamela's baking mix (which we LOVE, best pancakes ever), 2 cups milk, 1 Tbs baking powder, 2-3 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla, fresh ground nutmeg and some chopped pecans or walnuts. Pour it over stewed apples or any fruit! YUMMY!!!

No comments: