Friday, March 6, 2009

Am I potty training?

I was just thinking this morning that if I were God, I would look at me as a potty training toddler. You know I posted the other day about Leah doing so great....ummmm, jumped the gun on that one. We've had accident after accident since then. She just gets to busy to make it in time and her accidents are usually right next to the potty. But this morning was different. I got her ready to go play outside and asked her. Do you need to go potty? No. Don't poopy or teetee in your panties. Ok. 30 seconds after I got her outside she came in and said she needed to poopy, I asked her if she did in her pants and she says yes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST TOLD YOU NOT TO POOPY IN YOUR PANTS!

Anyway, if I were God, I would feel that way about me. I pray for peace, joy, love and patience with my children every morning, as soon as I wake up. But then 5 seconds later they come in the room and start fighting and ignoring any instructions I give and I"m anything but patient, loving and kind. If I were God, I'd be saying "I JUST GAVE YOU PEACE, JOY, KINDNESS and LOVE FOR YOU CHILDREN AND NOW YOU...."

Thankfully, I am not God. For you see, I am a sinful, fallen, imperfect creation. God is not. He is perfect. And HE loves me and He IS all of the fruits of spirit. Thank you Lord.

No comments: